The purpose of Haven of Rest is to serve and glorify God through Christ-centered, life-changing programs of love and compassion that respond to the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of disadvantaged men, women, and children without regard to their race, color, creed or social standing.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe in one God, eternally existing as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the virgin birth and absolute Deity of Jesus Christ.
- We believe Jesus Christ died on the cross as a substitutionary sacrifice for our sins, and His shed blood is the only means for the remission of sins.
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God, and they are the supreme, final, and only authority of faith and life.
- We believe God created man in God’s image; man sinned, as recorded in Genesis, causing physical and spiritual death.
- We believe sin had its origin with Adam, and as a result the entire human race is born with a sinful nature and spiritually dead.
- We believe when a person receives by faith the Lord Jesus Christ the Holy Spirit regenerates that person into the family of God.
- We believe in a future heaven for the saved and that it is not obtained as the result of good works, but we believe in the maintenance of good works and holy living as a result of salvation.
As a Christian ministry, we are uncompromisingly committed to glorifying God by:
- A Christian board and staff who adhere to the Haven of Rest Ministries statement of faith
- Presenting the Gospel and Christ-centered programming
All aspects of Haven of Rest Ministries will be operated according to the highest moral, ethical and Christian standards.
We believe that all people are created in God’s image with inherent dignity and worth. These beliefs motivated Haven of Rest Ministries to design innovative programs and services responding to the total needs of the clients, helping them become Godly persons of integrity, responsibility, and commitment.
We are committed to a standard of excellence that honors the Lord through:
- Competent, well-trained, caring Christian staff and Board of Trustees
- The design and implementation of programs and services
- Clean, well-maintained facilities that are a model to the community-at-large
- Sound business principles
Programs and services are rendered with sensitivity, respect, and dignity by demonstrating the love of Christ to all.
All funds will be raised with integrity through voluntary contributions from the private sector. We are committed to good stewardship through innovative programming, accountability, and sound fiscal management.